I’ve encountered abused children in my work and volunteer career, and because of my experience have always wanted to give children hope, grace, forgiveness, and unconditional love that they can’t always get at home.
- Now I can educate the children as well.
- As a Certified Instructor and Authorized Facilitator for Darkness to Light, Stewards of Children, I have trained over 8oo adults on how to protect children.
- We have in-person and online classes.
My main target audience, going into teaching Stewards of Children, was Churches.
- 1 in 10 children will be abused before their 18th birthday!
- We need to face the fact that churches are one of the number one places for abusers to hide out.
- An abuser could be the person sitting next to you, or someone working in the youth group.
My heart is to get into churches Before something happens.
- We need to start being the voice for those who need help voicing their truth.
- Believing in the child is the first step to any healing!
- Understanding that sometimes children will act out or have episodes of acting out, will help caregivers understand where they are coming from. Acting out is usually a sign of some kind of trauma. Pay Attention!