In this Thriver Blog, Coach Maggie Kanzki continues to share her insights about mindsets.
What we believe and think is directly tied to how we live our lives.
Read below how Maggie caught herself in an unhealthy mental space and the practical suggestions she has to create positive thinking and living.
Here’s to Thriving!
Our thoughts can support or block those things we want for ourselves.
Let me give you an example.
- One day, while listening to the news, like we all do, I felt a peculiar feeling infused in me.
- For no apparent reason, I was entertaining negative mindsets correlated to the Coronavirus.
- For a moment, I had no control over what was happening.
- I allowed my feelings to take me to a place I did not like.
- The sadness turned into distress and I felt consumed by the negative thoughts that invaded my psyche.
We all know the mind is powerful and for a few minutes, I had drifted away. But, as soon as I became aware of what was happening, I paused and took control.
That experience made me realize how easy it is for the mind to create a harmful reality.
It confirmed how vulnerable we all are and how quickly we can fall into a pessimistic place which, unfortunately, many of us never fully recover from.
I want to share with you the techniques I’ve been using which have helped me a lot.
I hope that if you find yourself entertaining negative thoughts, you too can apply them in your daily routine or share them with someone you know might benefit from them.
They are simple self-care techniques, but once applied, they can change your life positively.